IMQ was one of our first customers.
It had a traditional exchange and needed to:
- Increase the number of extensions even though the exchange was full and nothing could be added to it;
- Restructure a few buildings and migrate the users from one building to the other: the migration had to take place gradually, without any service interruptions;
- Optimise business continuity of the telephony using two servers;
- Cut down on costs tied to the PRI ISDN and increase the channels available simultaneously;
- Communicate at zero cost and at the extensions level with small units and consultants abroad (China, Spain, etc.);
- Keep all the traditional company telephony services at the enterprise level (voice mail, secretary-director function, etc.).
It was the first years that VoIP on standard SIP was being used professionally, so IMQ made a significant wager. Initially, MasterVoice was installed as a MasterGate, then some users were migrated from analogue telephones to IP telephones where the Ethernet wiring allowed it; where this was not possible, old analogue telephones were interfaced using SIP/FXS gateways. As the new network wirings were completed from floor to floor within the span of a few weeks, the FXS gateways were removed and replaced with IP phones. In foreign countries, simple IP telephones were supplied without having to install special telephone exchanges. An optic fibre Internet circuit was then added for number portability of the PRI ISDN (this on the two physical servers at the customer’s premises). Lastly, after two branches of the CSI Group were merged into the IMQ Group, there was the passage of the server to cloud, which combined all of the Group’s users into a single system.
ITALIAN EXIBITION GROUP
Rimini Fiere, now IEG (Italian Exhibition Group), had a traditional exchange and wanted to speed up the users’ activation and moving operations by working on some specific needs typical of the tradeshow sector.
It needed to:
- Quickly provide the exhibitors with telephones and fax machines in the pavilions without having to design long wirings or delicate relocations on analogue Main Distribution Frames. Moreover, all this had to take place without having to depend on the telephony maintenance company, but instead by directly delegating all these activities to the company’s IT department;
- Easily add backup telephone operators during tradeshows and distribute calls among a group of operators set up ad hoc as a call center.
So it was that, initially on an internal physical server, the customer migrated to MasterVoice. Thanks to IP telephones, it could simply connect in LAN the IP telephone associated to an exhibitor and make it work by configuring it from a simple web interface.
Moreover, Rimini Fiere had high costs tied to the PRI ISDN which, at peak periods of calls during important tradeshows, did not guarantee sufficient simultaneity. By switching to VoIP, the cost per simultaneous line immediately became more economically advantageous. By using a fibre optic circuit, the limits of simultaneity were eliminated. Through the years, IEG experienced major growth and, after acquiring the Fiere di Vicenza brand, it switched to the cloud. Today, IEG uses the MasterVoice mobile app instead of DECT coverage in order to obtain greater reachability over large areas, all without having to maintain a capillary and expensive dedicated DECT network that would be used to its full capacity during a few periods of the year only.
This is a constantly growing company with many small branches opening up every month. When it contacted us, it needed flexibility in opening and closing units, and was looking for a partner that, during the opening phase, would be able to:
- Provide on-site Internet circuits;
- Install telephones;
- Assign new geographical numbers.
The collaboration with Lavoro Più started immediately in cloud in order to develop a well-distributed system, thus avoiding any bottlenecks caused by a central office. By using MasterVoice, the customer can also organise and hold remote meetings even in audio conference mode with the examiners located in different places.
The characteristics of MasterVoice most appreciated by the customer are:
- The gradual switch from the previous technology to MasterVoice;
- The speed of operation and intervention;
- The overall performance;
- The convenience of having a single contact point;
- The practicality of having a partner company with which to organise the installations.